Whitney M. Burrows, M.D.
- Contact Address
- University of Maryland Medical Center
22 S. Greene Street
Baltimore, MD, 21201
- Professional Affiliations
- Esophageal Cancer
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
- Esophageal Motility Disorders
- Lung Cancer
- Myasthenia Gravis
- New York University School of Medicine, M.D.
- The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, General Surgery
- Washington University School of Medicine / Barnes-Jewish Hospital, Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Mayo Clinic, Thoracic Surgery
- Assistant Professor of Surgery University of Maryland Medical Center
- Biography/CV (will open new window)
Dr. Whitney Burrows received his medical degree from New York University Medical School. He completed his surgical residency at Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York. Upon completion of his fellowship at Barnes Hospital-Washington University in St. Louis, Dr. Burrows spent a year at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, advancing his training in general thoracic surgery.
He holds the title of assistant professor of surgery at the University of Maryland School of Medicine. In addition, he is a member of the University of Maryland Division of Thoracic Surgery and the Thoracic Oncology Program at the University of Maryland Greenebaum Cancer Center.
His areas of special interest include esophageal cancer, gastrointestinal reflux disease lung cancer, hyperhidrosis and emphysema.